At February’s Northern Powerhouse event in Manchester, just one in seven speakers was female. Some panels, including one on diversity, exclusively featured white males. And, sadly, this scenario is not unfamiliar. Ladies that UX want to redress the balance.
One of our main goals at Ladies that UX is to provide not only a support network, but also a supportive environment. We started because founders Lizzie and Georgie couldn’t see other women in UX and we still have work to do to increase that visibility. For our April event at rentalscars.com on the 18th. We’re turning the floor over to you lovely lot.
So far we have 8 amazing female speakers & topics confirmed including:
- Sue Irving – How to win £5k at a Hackathon (& get an invite to Google HQ)
- Ummi Jameel – Natural creativity and design
- Bec Evans and Kat Palmer – When innovation met UX
- Tiffany Sun – Power of making and breaking stories
- Rebecca Topps – Making a case study for accessibility
- Llara Geddes – Selling user testing in agency
- Chi-chi Ekweozor – What it’s like to be a female founder and software engineer in Manchester in 2017
Interested in speaking? Please give us a bit more information here.
If you would like to come along to listen to these talks, please make sure you get a ticket through Eventbrite.
Thanks go, once again, to rentalcars.com for providing the space, food and drinks!