Last night the inaugural Ladies that UX, Seattle kicked-off. While it was a small gathering, we had a lot of enthusiasm and we feel we are off to a great start.
Our ladies are excited to build an empowering and inspiring family of UX Ladies. Last night we defined what we would like to get out of the group and what came out of it is pretty cool!
We’ll be an informal social group that will:
- Engage in fun and quick activities, e.g. explore a hacker space, practice and or see what others do in the field
- Get inspired
- Enjoy enlightened conversations (at least we hope you feel enlightened)
- Have a safe place to communicate and get feedback on frustrations in the field
- Opportunities to learn from one another: new tools, tips and tricks to use in the field.
- We won’t have formal speakers or presentations so there is no pressure on our ladies
- No recruiters allowed!
When: The last Thursday of every month from 6-7pm.
Where: South Lake Union (specific location TBD)
Our next event: We’ll be meeting over dinner and drinks to socialize and design a Ladies that UX tote and/or moleskin. In a follow-up meeting we’ll screen print our designs.